Howdy, y'all! Frisco is your new city, so we want to help make Frisco your new home. There is no place like North Texas. The way we live and work is very different from most places in the world. It can be difficult to understand our unique culture and to make new friends. IFC is here to help your family succeed in Frisco. During each meeting, you will learn how to adapt to life in North Texas, practice English, and meet other international families.
Some of the regular topics and activities we cover include:
- Craft projects
- Family events available in the community
- Holiday traditions in the U.S.
- Sharing your own cultural backgrounds of customs and food
- Visits from Stonebriar Preschool Pals staff members
- Volunteer opportunities to help people in need
- Ways to help your children (home activities, school projects, etc.)
This group meets one Thursday and Friday every month from 9:15 to 11 a.m. in room A220. Meetings are free and open to all international families.
Meeting dates for the 2019/2020 school year:
September 12 and 13
October 3 and 4
November 7 and 8
December 5 and 6
January 9 and 10
February 6 and 7
March 5 and 6
April 2 and 3
May 14 and 15
To learn more, e-mail Venitha and Pat (the group leaders) at IFC@stonebriar.org.